A Mediator acts as a diplomatic intermediary between parties with a view to assisting them to resolve their dispute. Mediation is encouraged by the Courts and is highly successful.
Mediation usually involves Mediator facilitated discussions with parties in a confidential environment and can take place either Face to Face or Online. Online Mediation has become prevalent during the Covid 19 Pandemic.
Mediation has been called the best kept secret in dispute resolution. The benefits of mediation include:
- Mediation is a confidential and private process conducted away from the gaze of the court or the public eye
- Mediation provides a forum in which settlement options can safely be explored
- Parties retain control over the outcome
- Mediation provides an opportunity to build bridges and maintain private and commercial relationships
- Mediation offers more wide ranging and indeed creative settlement options than at court
- Mediation is far cheaper and quicker than ongoing litigation or arbitration
- Courts require parties to consider mediation and can impose cost sanctions against parties who do not mediate
- Mediation is highly successful and avoids the risk, cost and stress of lengtthy litigation